Jeffrey Cheah Foundation – Sunway Group Scholarship
The Jeffrey Cheah Foundation-Sunway Group Scholarship is open to Malaysian Citizens who wish to pursue their tertiary education at Sunway University, Monash University Malaysia as well as other preferred, top-ranked local public and international universities.
- Malaysian citizens below 21 years of age
- Minimum 10As in SPM (English & 5 other core subjects)
- Minimum CGPA 3.30 or equivalent in STPM, Foundation, Matriculation or Pre-University
- Household income of not more than RM150,000 per annum
- To pursue full-time undergraduate studies (Year 1 enrolment in 2017) at local, private as well as top-ranked international universities
- Applicants must have secured an unconditional/conditional letter of offer from the university
- Personable individuals who have held leadership roles in extra-curricular activities, resilient and strive for excellence
- Possess good communication skills and proficient in English
- Must not be bonded to or a recipient of any other scholarship or award from other educational institutions, organisations or foundations
- Construction Management
- Quantity Surveying
Business / Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Human Resources
- Mass Communication
- Public Relations
- Rehabilitation Studies
Scope of Award
In addition to tuition fees, accommodation and a stipend to cover basic living expenses, candidates will be offered development opportunities such as internships and mentoring, and will be placed in Sunway Group of companies upon completion of their studies.
Candidates will be required to maintain results equivalent to Second Class (Upper) or 2:1 for each semester of their degree.
Applicants must submit their application on the online form at https://jeffreycheah.foundation/scholarship-online-form with all documents attached in PDF format.
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Certified true copy of your National Registration Identification (NRIC)/MyKad
- Certified true copy of your SPM certificate or equivalent
- Certified true copy of your STPM certificate or equivalent
- Certified true copy of your undergraduate studies examination results, if applicable
- Certified true copy of School Leaving certificate
- Certified true copy of your school testimonials and certificates of participation in extracurricular activities
- Certified true copy of your parents’ recent pay-slips, latest Income Tax Statement or any other proof of income
- Any other relevant documents
Applications are open for submission from the 10th of March. Applications will close on 17th of May. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted in June.